Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Public Trust, Private Interests

In this episode they begin talking about ethics in government. One scenario is a politician is seen by a fellow politician hitting his wife at a party. Apparently he is just under a lot of pressure and that is why he lost it that night. Rumors begin to circulate about the events of that night. The other politician who happens to witness the event is now being questioned by the media. He's asked if he would lie about it and he says no. His response would simply be that he does not discuss private affairs. I would do the same thing. I would not discuss it with the media, but I would definately try to speak to my collegue about the issues surrounding his home life. Another scenario is the same politician is using cocaine. The politician denies it, but others are trying to make him take a drug test. I absoultely agree with their actions. I believe because he is in politics, he can't afford to be involved in such a scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment