Sunday, April 11, 2010

to defend a killer

The main question from the video is does our legal system force lawyers to step outside the norms of moral conduct or is such single minded zealousness the only way a defendants rights can be protected? I believe that it is necessary for lawyers to act in such a manner in order to protect their client's rights. Once the case goes public, the client will be under all sorts of ridicule and accusations coming from not only the law, but perhaps their own neighbors and family members. During this time, it is important the lawyer protect the client in every way they can until the end of the trial. If I was asked to defend someone who was accused of murder, I would first ask for all the details. Was the crime committed out of self defense or was it premeditated. I would take the case if it was out of self defense, but I don't believe I could for any other kind of situation. That's probably why I could not be a defense attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment